Thursday, March 20, 2014

Textile Blog week 1

Kicking off my final year of my 3 year degree has been a pretty lathargic experience.After 4 months of holidays I had settled into my life of waking up at 9am and wandering around the house until I would go to the gym for a couple of hours and then return home to recover on the couch and watch TV.They do say it's good to create Patterns in life.
So I guess by returning to my final year of University it's a good time to start thinking about my future and where I see myself this time next year and where I will be in 10 years.
Other than just going to the gym during the holidays I did (somehow) manage to launch my Brand of cycling clothing quite successfully. This was one of those things that I was in no way prepared to do and caught me totally off guard when for some reason people loved the Cactus design I had put on the jersey and even the name 'team Cactus' which has taken off to my queried surprise.
This short burst of popularity of my team Cactus clothing got me thinking more deeply about my future as a Textile designer and what exactly I want out of my life……….well……pretty much I just want to do something that I am fully passionate about and doesn't feel like work, after coming to textile design with the aim of becoming a sock brand and manufacturer I feel as though it's pushed me further than I ever expected and has given me not just the skill sets but the confidence to go for exactly what I have always wanted……this saying socks will always remain close to my heart and I am happy to say that team Cactus sold 35 pairs of socks in it's first order with a total 105 units ordered and another 20 units on back order at the factory in Hong Kong and I am very excited that the launch date will be the 29th of march and will be spread over Beach rd like Peanut butter on bread.



So overall I am happy to be back at RMIT and ready for one last CRAZY year.



Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment